JEEVAN VIKAS MAHAVIDYALAYA, DEVGRAM , Tah. Narkhed, Distt. Nagpur - 441301 (MS)
ISO 9001 : 2015 Certified
( NAAC Accredited in Cycle - II with "B++ " Grade, CGPA 2.93)
Two-Day National Seminar on
Theme: Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
On February 22-23, 2020
Venue : Matoshri Seminar Hall, Devgram
Organized by : Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
About the Conference :
change in focus contextualizing higher education, the relevance of exploring, revising, upgrading and redesigning our methods of teaching, learning and evaluation is of paramount importance. As educators, it has become necessary to have a dialogue- raising questions, seeking answers, interpreting evidence, implementing changes and examining their effects – without which teaching, learning and evaluation remains an empty and intellectually unfulfilling mechanical process.
In this context, the National Seminar on Teaching, Learning and Evaluation aims to bring under one roof academic administrators, faculty members and policy makers to share views and ideas about new possibilities of delivering education and conducting evaluation. It would also help to those interested in serving students of different backgrounds and abilities, through effective teaching – learning experiences. The educators by sharing the most successful, innovative and practical ideas and strategies will be assisting each other in becoming more effective in their positions. The seminar is an effort to produce a distinctive way of thinking about how teaching and evaluation in higher education influence the quality of student learning. Today’s students need to know not only the basic reading and arithmetic skills, but also skills that will allow them to face a world that is continually changing. Educators need to take an active role in greater integration of technology and teaching; improved way of increasing pace and extent of learning as well as making decisions about the purpose of assessment and the content that is being assessed. Hence, this seminar hopes to play a pivotal role in enabling the involvement of new ideas through peer discussions and scholarly engagements and to disseminate these among the stakeholders.
Dr. Devendra S. Bhongade, Principal, JVM, Devgram
Dr. Yogesh M. Sarode, Co-ordinator, IQAC
Dr. Mangala A. Hirwade, Asso, Professor, DLISc. RTMNU, Nagpur
- Role of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation in Higher Education.
- Teaching Techniques in Higher Education.
- Role of ICT in Teaching – Learning
- Innovations in Teaching-Learning process
- Challenges before Teaching-Learning process
- Innovations and Best Practices in Higher Education
- Role of Teachers in nurturing Higher Education
- Evolution Process and Reforms in Higher Education
- Student performances and Learning outcomes
- Methods of Evolution and Conduct of Examinations
- Courses of Study and Syllabi
- Issues of Governance in Higher Education
- Role of Leadership and Management in Higher Education
- Issue of Autonomy and Accountability in Higher Education
- Role of Ethics and Values in Higher Education
- Role of Assessment and Accreditation towards improving the Quality of Education
Published: Jan 30, 2020